Small enclosure for TB W4-655SA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright, I'm requesting some help in this subject. I have currently 2 Cyburgs Stick -speakers with the TangBand W4-655SA element. However, I ordered 3 more and I'm planning on making a 5.1 system with these speakers.

The downside is that I have no clue how I should design the enclosure for the center speaker. It should be considerably smaller than the floorstanding Sticks so I can fit it nicely under/over the TV.

Could someone help me a bit with this, since people here probably have considerably more experience with speakers than myself.

Mayuri said:
Alright, I'm requesting some help in this subject. I have currently 2 Cyburgs Stick -speakers with the TangBand W4-655SA element. However, I ordered 3 more and I'm planning on making a 5.1 system with these speakers.

The downside is that I have no clue how I should design the enclosure for the center speaker. It should be considerably smaller than the floorstanding Sticks so I can fit it nicely under/over the TV.

Could someone help me a bit with this, since people here probably have considerably more experience with speakers than myself.

Ideally, you want to be able to locate the center channel in the center, if you can do that with the Cyburg then there's no reason to look any further. If it's not possible, using the same driver for the center is a great starting point. If the enclosure is going to be placed close to other large objects, like the tele, you'll want to find a design with BSC. In the design above, you'd have to remove the paralleled LR. I believe that you'll want a BR design, whether you'll be using a subwoofer or not. A sealed enclosure will not result in enough bass output to fulfill the role.

Generally speaking, surrounds have the same "environment" as the center channel and the same design can be used in there as well.

How well does the CT218BR integrate with the bigger Sticks. I see that the notch filter is different than with the sticks, so should I use the notch filter designed for the sticks or with the CT218BR to get the center to sound the same as the 4 other speakers.

cyburgsstickeng2fh.jpg

Here is the notch filter for the Sticks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.