1210 speed shifts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.
I have the chance of getting 2 MK 2 1210s for the not unreasonable price of £100 (around $140 US) but they are described as faulty with the fault described as it shifts speeds by itself during playback from 45 to 33 and back again and the same when stared from 33. Please pardon my ignorance but my knowledge of the inner workings of turntables is limited at best, but my questions are: Is this a major fault (to me it seems quite bad) and can it be quickly and cheaply be rectified? I live near to a few places that I can take them for repairs. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in adavance...:)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Most 1200's can be fixed but parts have become considerably more expensive over the years. If they have been exposed to lots of abuse, £100 might still be a bit much. If not, they are worth to spend some money on repair and recalibration. The speed shift as you describe it is not familiar to me but it could be the buttons have been drinking too much coke. A major suspect of speed variations is the fader.
Edit: if £100 is for both, the price is good.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.