• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Using an output tranny from a stereo for a single-ended amplifier ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone...once again I want to thank you all for coddling this newbie.
Next ? ...I have a chassis from an old Magnavox console stereoand I was wondering if I can use one of the output trannies in a single-ended amp ? It seems logical to me since it was being driven by a single EL84 into a single speaker, that as long as I match primary and secondary impedance, it should work. Yes/no ??:scratch:
Also, the PT I am using has a 6V rectifier tap...the amp it is in has a 6X4 rectifier..can I use a 6X5 rectifier with it ? Only because I have some 6X5s around and lots of octal sockets....thx again !!!
B.Bill

bereanbill said:
I have a chassis from an old Magnavox console stereoand I was wondering if I can use one of the output trannies in a single-ended amp ? It seems logical to me since it was being driven by a single EL84 into a single speaker, that as long as I match primary and secondary impedance, it should work. Yes/no

Yes.

Also, the PT I am using has a 6V rectifier tap...the amp it is in has a 6X4 rectifier..can I use a 6X5 rectifier with it ? Only because I have some 6X5s around and lots of octal sockets....thx again !!!

Yes again since the filament current requirements are the same, 0.6A. BTW, the tube voltage drop is also the same, not that it matters so much. (22V at 70mA)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.