Ultimate BLH FR?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Having heard the Manger, i can't get very excited about this horn. Very elegant executing thou, althou the similar topology Yamamura, i'd guess, might work better. And the less elegant, but over the top Klien horn.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/yamamura.htm

c5.jpg

dave

I heard a pair a year or so back. Quite a pleasent sound, rather 'hifi'; they seemed to give the impression of being detailed, but when you started listening closely it all seemed a bit superficial to me, and dynamics, as Dave said, weren't anything to write home about. Not to my taste, although I can understand why some people like them. YMMV as ever.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
MisterTwister said:
very interesting looking phase plug on The Aporia.

Turbo, baby! (thanks to d 2 g)

From the website:

"The flat cone of the Manger driver can yield limited dispersion, so we designed a removable diffusor that enhances performance in most listening room environments. Similar techniques were used in classic JBL and Siemens professional gear."

Or air conditioning vents.... :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.