Channel Switching Noise with Dish 612 DVR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've tried this question on the AVS forum and a Dish technical forum with no response, but I suspect you folks may be able to help.
I have a digital audio system to process the Dish optical audio output of the receiver. For some reason this new receiver (just replaced my Dish 211) creates a loud popping noise when switching between channels. My system consists of Dish 612 DVR > Meridian 518 (used as a digital processor and volume control) > Behringer SRC2496 (used as a DAC) > Monarchy SM70 amplifier > speakers.
When you switch channels there is a momentary loss of audio signal that causes the error light to flash on the SRC2496. As soon as the selected channel locks on the receiver, the loud pop occurs and the flashing error light goes out and everything is fine until you switch channels again.
Just wondering if there is something I can do to shunt the transient. The mute function has no effect in eliminating the pop. Thanks.

Jon Giard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.