• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Simple SE hookup wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just picked up some of this rather nice wire (impulse buy whilst buying transformers and tubes!)
From merchants website:
"22 awg, solid core, 50 ft. spool. The "real-deal" wire for vintage amp work, from the same manufacturer that supplied it to Fender. Double-cloth jacket has a waxed cotton outer braid and a Celanese inner braid. Now you can snip, push-back and solder without reaching for the wire strippers!"
it is certainly sexy.... :)

Should this be OK for wiring of power transformer, OPTs, motor run cap, choke etc? Or should I go for a heavier gauge?? I figure I shouldn't see currents over 175mA, given that is the capacity of the transformer, and higher currents are all on the PCB tracks (heaters).....

TIA
Lee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.