• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

carbon fiber pre-impregnated fabrics over stock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some overstock CARBON FIBER fabrics for sale

so i wanted to have you guys profit of a special price
only for members of our community

This is F1/aero quality composite fabrics,
from SGL CARBON GROUP in germany

We design and manufacture racing car products
and other composite special products
and we just have too much carbon in this "recession"year so i have to get rid of some to help with the income

we have 2.5rolls of ~50m i believe of weave prepreg
1 complete roll of unidirectional prepreg of ~150m
and some left overs of epoxy resin rolls

The epoxy matrix has a shelf life of 3 months at room temp, and a manufacturer suggested life of 1 year at -15c ...
i have done tests and at -10c, we have succesfully used carbon older than 1 year with as expected properties

our material is always keep dry and at -20c in a freezer, sealed.

I can sell any length starting at 50cm long
( 0.25square meter )

The weave prepeg has the following properties :
1/3 twill
45% resin content
745g total /m2
.39mm thickness ( compressed and cured )

This can be used for any carbon fiber composite structure

also have Unidirectional prepreg
377g /m2 total fabric weight
39% resin
.21mm ( cured and compressed )

this UD is usually used to add strength on a certain axis
without gaining unwanted weight of a multidirectional
pattern

Epoxy/FG fabric

used to add some epoxy resin to the composite construction ( we use one at exterior of all parts, and some parts are added where we want more glue, or to fill voids when under vacuum )

Weave fabric = 100$USD / m2

UD fabric = 60$ /m2

Epoxy sheet = 40$ /m2

I can provide you with any length or multiple pieces

we arrange shipping together

though think about shelf life,
if it takes 1 month to get to you,
the life is reduced by a month for temp room

though, if you aren't making a shuttle or a plane or and F1 racing car, you will be able to use the fabric even if it is twice as old as its rating as we weren't ever able to get any difference on tests ...

ALL THIS FABRIC NEEDS TO BE CURED AT 120C FOR 30min minimum

i will provide guidance and instructions with pleasure

you do not have to use vacuum, but it does consolidate
most voids ...wich are unpredictable if you are using more than 1 sheet of material

I sure hope that there will be some composite structural ideas for enclosures or drivers etc... from members of this board !!

keep in mind that a complete rolls costs upward of 10K$ USD + transport and import

MSG me if you are interested

i can provide pictures of the material also

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.