PC input to A/V receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About three years ago I bought a JVC A/V receiver with USB-in capability. Although I hadn't intended on using the it, I found that I could connect my laptop to it in such a way that the receiver acts as a USB soundcard via the Linux USB audio driver. Thus, I can search, browse, queue and play music with my full-blown jukebox (Amarok), for which the PC sends a PCM stream to the receiver which is then decoded by the receiver's DAC. The strange part is that the JVC DOES NOT have a receptable for a USB-A plug (the normal one). Rather, it has USB-B receptacle.

Here is the stupid question: could I stream music to "standard" A/V receivers that have the USB-A input (with an A-to-A) cable, or am I limited to the receiver basically reading the music file off an Ipod's (or other) USB filesystem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.