• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NICE; Custom 250VA Toroidal Power Transformers; 34vac/7a, plus an Auxiliary Winding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi folks! :)

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned that I was sure I had some nice Toroidal power transformers, but hadn't been able to find the darn things in the storage-trailer yet.

Well, my wife and I were working in the trailer again today, and I found them!

So I took some pics and put them up on my webpage here....

http://www.oregonstone.com/TR-Toroid-250va-New.html

These are brand-new parts, still in the factory wrapping, and are rated for -continuous- operation 24/7 at 250VA.

The main secondary is 34vac @ 7 amps; which makes a very useful 48vdc at no-load and nominal line-input.

But unlike "off the shelf" toroids, this one also includes a -second- winding; totally handy for powering all your control and preamp circuits.

I don't have the ratings for that 2nd winding yet; but I'll cobble together a setup to measure that in the next few days, and add another post here.

A pair of these would make a killer 500VA 68VCT/7amp feed for a high dynamic-range +/-48vdc power-supply! :D

...and might look pretty cool on your chassis too... :cool:

Primaries are dual 115/230vac, by the way.

I believe that these custom-made parts with the nifty auxiliary-winding are currently over $80/ea in quantity 10-up from Nicollet Technologies.

I'll sell one for $38, or a pair for $68; plus shipping.

NOTE: I have just six of these left.

I am sorry, but I cannot ship out of the US.

oh yes...I found a few sets of new steel-disks and rubber anti-vibe-pads too!

My webpage has more details and pictures, please check it out. Please email me directly if you want them.

thanks much!

Richard
"metal at fullwave dawt kom"

Attachments

• trfm-toroid250-new-web.jpg
    trfm-toroid250-new-web.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.