help with a cd 303

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
after many years of service my trusty cd 303 has finaly stated having a few problems. after it plays through about 2 albums the player itself starts to emit a high pitched hum and it has problems reading the disc as a result of theis the audio the becomes distorted. the other problem it has is that every now and then the player has virtually no output when first turned on but after a while it the output suddenly shoots back up to normal. i'm not sure where i should start looking inside to fix the problems. any help would be much apreciated

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
replace all electrolytics , including notorious ( are they , after all these years of service ? ) 33uF on transport board .

be sure that you replace all with exact values ; some of them are in critical position (RC constant for various logic stages ) , so that way is safer .

if you are not sure what to do - either take it to capable tech , or put it in closet .
venerable beast deserve proper care , not butchering .

good luck ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.