Velodyne Servo plate amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have the plate amp out of my old velodyne sub F1500-B
circa 1991, sub still worked but surrounds and cone were pretty beat up.

anyway,i have this plate amp,can it be used in a DIY sub?
i see there are a few extra wires (im assuming for the servo control) the main wires are 2 blacks and 1 red. and there are
a couple groups of smaller wires in a ribbon.

anybody know anything about these, can it be used?

Thanks,
Chris

sell it and get a modern plate amp for your sub. First off, the Velodyne does not put out much power. We have come a long way and high powered cheap sub amps are an example. You can't use the servo part of the velo without a driver that has a sensor that relays to the amp.

hey blazin,

im all for getting it to you.
got anything to trade? audio related?

its been sitting in a box for about 6-7 years.
i just ran acrossed it and said hmm.

i have plenty of amps and dont really need it for anything in particular.

what are the dimensions of your cutout for the amp?
are they the same?

ill get out a measuring tape shortly to verify

Chris

trades and such for the amp

Thanks for the reply.
The amp dimensions should be the same i believe i will however check my sub. Hmmmm what to trade??? Vinyl? CD's (no, not certificate of deposits). All of my equipment is old (like me). What do you like? I have collected blues, jazz, rock, classical [vinyl and cd], what's your pleasure? Cartridge, well an old grado is all i have. Tapes... 8 track (no seriously just kidding) cassette? How about an old H.H. Scott FM tuner. Cash? Offer me some direction, what floats your boat? I'd like to get this sub running again.
Again thanks,
dave kaye
blazim@hotmail.com
i'm in mass btw

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.