Amp to power 3 10s?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so I just bought this box for my Trans Am that has a space for 3 10'' subs. I also bought 3 Kicker Comp 10's (300w) to fill the holes, because they were relitively cheap, and in my hatchback, I dont need rediculous subs (Especially with 3). Now I need to get an amp that will power all 3 of those with hopefully at least 150wrms per sub, or wire 3 mono D's up one to each sub, but I don't even know if you can do that lol. Any recommendations? Thanks

If they are the 4ohm version you're going to need a pretty stout one channel that is capable of 1ohm operation, just to be safe. If they are 8ohm, most 300watt rms one channel amps will do the job safely. Those subs only handle 150 rms each so you won't need much. You will need to wire them parallel.. all plus together and all negative together, then to the amp.

if you wire these in series, it will present a 12ohm load to your amp, and you wont get much power out of that, but if you run them in parallel it wil present a 1.3ohm load, so just like ppia600 said, u need an amp that is 1ohm stable. you can't make a series\parallel combination either 'cos you r using an uneven amount of drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.