Need info for Pioneer DAC PD2026B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There ya go. I'm sure I posted this up somewhere here before,
DID YOU SEARCH?
Cheers George

Attachments

• da and analog stage.jpg
    da and analog stage.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 494
Sorry all !!! I know this thread is long long long time ago, but I can't find the help anywhere in spite of our forum !
I have a very old dvd board, the audio DAC was placed on it is PD2026B (Pioneer), now I get a CM108 module to I2S and I would like put I2S signal into PD2026B DAC, but I can't imagine input pins of it. Because:
. CM108 module pinout: Data, Mclk, Lrck, Sck, GND
. PD2026B input: Latch, Shift, Att, Lrck, Bck, Data
Please tell me what can I do to match each other of them together !

I've worked on Pioneer for years, many of them as a Pioneer warranty servicer, and I've never seen them provide actual chip data sheets for ANY chip with their name on it. So, there is simply no way to know, without an insider at Pioneer, if the PD2926 or etc. is I2S compatible. I doubt it. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, though, as all of these "pulseflow" bitstream chips(which I have always suspected were made by Crystal Semi), are of VERY limited sonic potential. Just not very good dac chips, IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.