SL1210 MK2 Intermittent pitch problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I hope im posting in the right place,Im new to this forum so please go easy on me...

I have a problem with one of my 1210's.

The turntable has been sitting for about a year or two due to the fact that it would turn on at all so after some investigation, I found that the wire for the target light was very close to snapping inside the pop up unit so i just removed it all together thinking if its not there than it will be fine and it was for a few weeks then this started.......

When i turn it on and press the start button, it starts as it should but then the pitch speeds up intermittently then back..all within say 5 seconds and then starts again,the red dots by the on/off switch are all over the place and the pitch increase/decrease is very noticeable over the sound system i have.
the pitch fader is in good condition and i have checked for any other shorts but cant find anything..

Im fairly able with a soldering iron and multimeter but even so im still abit stuck for info on how to sort this problem.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well- I'll try to guess - usually when power wire for target light snaps, touching case - main regulator transistor is in danger ;

probably that transistor in your TT is damaged from that reason , and he's acting funny

check Q1,Q2,Q3

Q1 is 2SD1265 - under the clamp on metal part of case , and Q2 and Q3 are little ones on pcb - you'll find them looking at overlay on pcb .

both are 2SD637

check also D1 , which is 5V1 zenner diode .

in case that you are not able to check that by your self , find a tech .

edit :

you must see 21V6 after Q1 emiter
do not power up TT without platter ;

OK - you can power up it without platter , but be careful to not press start without it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.