• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For RMI-FC100 Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,
I am making this post for a group buy for parts for the RMI-FC100 amplifier, designed by diyAudio member, roender. This thread will be used to help locate, discuss and finally purchase parts for the construction of the RMI-FC100 amplifier. Please, make your comments,suggestions
here in this dedicated thread. Hopefully,we all can benefit from your posts.

Cambe
:cool:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Cambe,

very good idea to open this thread!!!

Some parts for this amp are really not easy to get.
My sources were:

All the Onsemis I got directly from Onsemi via sample order. Cheap, easy, but it took more than two month that I got all of them. The 15034/5 one can get from Digikey.
2SC3423Y and 2SA1360Y I got from a German supplier: www.segor.de

I'm personally interested in following items:
+Transformer for frontend psu: Roender wrote:
"Try to find a good E+I, 2x36V, or better an R-core transformer. One for every channel 2x36V,15VA or one with 4x36V, 30VA"
+Electrolytic Capacities for the main psu. 10.000 µF, 50 or 63V

I couldn't find a appropriate transformer => custommade. I try to find suppliers and try to get quotes.

Elkos I'd order from digikey. If ordered more than 50 they will be rather cheap, if ordered more than 200 really cheap. I'll post prices next days.

Elkos I think could be shipped rather cheap overseas, shipping transformers should make sense just within Europe.

So, if anybody is interested in one of these two item, please post so that I have numbers for quotes.

Cheers Ernst

Hello!

I've been waiting for a groupbuy to get started for this project. I started to build a BOM in Excel with part numbers and links to sources, but didn't get very far since I'm new to amp-building. I've attached my file, though, in case others may find it useful. We could use it as a starting point and add to it as we identify sources. But I hope someone with more experience double-checks the items already on the list for suitability.

Hope this helps!

Ted

Attachments

• bom.zip
    6 KB · Views: 186
Joined 2007
Paid Member
@ all they ordered pcbs month ago. Now they arrived and here are the pics. As emailed, I'll ship them within the next days, probably on weekend.

I have to count them and compare the number of delivered and ordered pcbs. On the one hand they usually deliver more than ordered, to be shure to have enough after electric testing. On the other hand of you guys did not pay, so I probably have a few more than needed.

After having sorted this out I'll come back to the guys they asked for boards.

Cheers Ernst

Attachments

• dsc_4901_kleen.jpg
    dsc_4901_kleen.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,042
ernesternest said:
@ all they ordered pcbs month ago. Now they arrived and here are the pics. As emailed, I'll ship them within the next days, probably on weekend.

I have to count them and compare the number of delivered and ordered pcbs. On the one hand they usually deliver more than ordered, to be shure to have enough after electric testing. On the other hand of you guys did not pay, so I probably have a few more than needed.

After having sorted this out I'll come back to the guys they asked for boards.

Cheers Ernst

Hi Ernst,

If there're any spare boards, I'll take 2 sets of the boards. Thanks.

:D

Joined 2007
Paid Member
pcbs

Guys, please hold on!

I have just a few pcbs left. Meanwhile I got enough request for a separate buy.

Please don't ask for more. I thought this could happen, but since this is my personal private non profit thing, I couldn't take the risk and buy twice the demand.

I'll send PNs to the guys who could get some. If enough demand exists, I could place another order at my supplier.

This shouldn't be just a PCB thread!!!

Cheers Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
pcbs and caps

Hi,

pcbs are almost on the way! After a lot of packing I got ready this afternoon. Probably by mid of this week they will be out.

Capacitors:
I have some proposals for them and here they are.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P6690-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P6939-ND

both meet the spec 10000/50V and would fit to the pcb. Others too big.
First are up to 105 degrees (3,12 euro < 50pcs/ 2,33 euro < 200pcs) vs . second up to 85 degrees (2,65 euro <50 pcs/ 1,99 euro <200 pcs)

I would need 24 of them.

For the 1000/63 I'd order these:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P10355-ND

For the 2200/63 these:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P5198-ND
or these
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P5587-ND

I'd order them and ship them without being interested in profit, just to get mine cheaper due to volumeeffect!

Please post if you are interested and send a mail. Thanks.

Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
PCB's

So, almost finally they are packed and ready to go. Tomorrow evenening I'll be an the way to post office.
I'm sending them as registered letters which is a rather cheap and in the same time secure way :cool:

On the photo you can see the parcels. for each of you there is one :)

As written in the very beginning the pcbs are straight after roenders files. Nothing added, nothing left. Roender has not added a layer showing how parts should be fitted. You have to find this in roenders thread. If anyone found, please link it. Thanks.

Keith, it seems that you are the only one interested in some chaps. Hope that some more guys are interested. So please post!!

Hope you'll wake up after receiving pcbs :D

Chears Ernst

Attachments

• dsc_4914_kleen.jpg
    dsc_4914_kleen.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 691
pcb's and caps

Hi Ernst,
my pcb's arrived on Friday. Very good quality. Thanks a lot for your support.

Concerning the caps, as Keith I'm interested in the 105 degree version for all caps required for 2 stereo sets. That means 16 x 10.000 uF, 16 x 2.200 uF and 16 x 1.000 uF.

Regards

Detlef

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.