HELP- Titanic MKIII 12"+Plate Dayton 500W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HELP- Titanic MKIII 12"+Plate Dayton 500W

Hello.

I need help to design a enclosure for a Titanic 12"MKIII using a 500W Dayton plate.
My use will be 50% music and 50% movies.
I project at bassbox a vented enclosure with 3.1cf Fb in 25.05hz.
What about?

Someone can helpme on enclosure design?

THX,

Luis Scur

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

To cover most of the music including pipe organ and movie LFE requires either a low Qtc sealed alignment and enough room gain to keep from over driving it or an EBS alignment of ~4.64 ft^3 net tuned to ~16 Hz. The latter requires such a large/long vent to keep vent mach low that either a PR (preferably two) or a damped ducted port be used. WRT the latter, cab Vb needs to at least double (>9.28 ft^3) to offset the gain BW loss.

The better solution if you don't want the expense of PRs or such a large cab is to make the whole cab a damped vent of sorts, so a damped to suit TQWT (reverse tapered TL) is my recommendation and can be calc'd using MJK's Classic TL Alignment tables: http://www.quarter-wave.com/TLs/Alignment_Tables.pdf

GM

And if wrapped in carpet, the kitty could always use it for a scratching post!

Sonotube subs work awesome, but IMO they look like a water heater painted black.

LOL........my sub looks like a cardboard box painted black.....:O

Make sure to post pictures!

Ron

GM said:
Greets!

The better solution if you don't want the expense of PRs or such a large cab is to make the whole cab a damped vent of sorts, so a damped to suit TQWT (reverse tapered TL) is my recommendation and can be calc'd using MJK's Classic TL Alignment tables: http://www.quarter-wave.com/TLs/Alignment_Tables.pdf

GM

WOW, Great idea a transmission line sub!
That would be a fun (and productive) project!

Ron

Renron said:
And if wrapped in carpet, the kitty could always use it for a scratching post!

Sonotube subs work awesome, but IMO they look like a water heater painted black.

LOL........my sub looks like a cardboard box painted black.....:O

Make sure to post pictures!

Ron

If you make them big enough, the sound pressure keeps the cat away..:D ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Plus, ours doesn't have any front claws...;) :cool:

This one's EBS alignment, with -3dB @ 20 Hz, 108 dB... cost maybe $90 total using cheapo car sub driver.. :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

John L.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.