Int-150 used like power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably the ones marked "Preamp Inputs".......

There is no a preamp IN connect dedicated

Weary eyes eh?

Have fun, Hannes

PS: Roberto: if you don't want to fiddle with your amp, connect your preamp to one of the inputs, switch the int to this input, turn volume all the way up.

If you want to get rid of the now useless volume control and switch of your int, you most probably need to do some surgery inside (disconnect volume control internally and bring amp input to backpanel).

Attachments

• preamp inputs int150.jpg
    preamp inputs int150.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 541
The Preamp IN on the picture are the normal Preamp IN for connect CD, LP, DVD, ecc. but are not the DEDICATED "PREAMP IN" CONNECT like other Integrated!

Probably there may be problem with sensibility, impedence, ecc. between Preamplifier and CD if interconnected there.....

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If you used a circuit based on the manufacturer's app notes,
then perhaps that is understandable. Our circuit is not based on
the app notes, and we get very good performance.

I have 11 subjective reviews internationally on the INT150 and
they are uniformly great. Not one complaint about the volume
control or the sound in general.

:cool:

I have little doubt the amp sounds great. Could it be even greater with a proper attenuator?

Regarding the DS1802 i probably lack the imagination of using it in sufficiently radical way to make it shine. Tried it both as a potentiometer and as a shunt and it predictably sounded better as a shunt. It certainly beats cheap Alps pots, especially in tracking. Taking into account how compromised are the majority of preamps anyway - opamps, electrolytic or otherwise compromised coupling caps, 3-terminal regulators, etc it may well sound better than most.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.