Veravox 5s BiB build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was not sure if this should be in the BiB thread, but here goes :)

Just started the build for some Veravox 5s's

The wood-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mock up size-

First baffles-

One side drying-

One side complete-

On with the other speaker with cutting the main baffle and the terminal cut out
:smash:

Drivers arrived :D

put them in-

Not finished cosmetically-

Sounding very bass heavy at the moment, and midrange is a bit recessed, i put this down to the lack of stuffing at the bottom of the enclosure (has not arrived yet). Treble is not as 'wild' as i would have expected from looking at the FR. So very listenable at this early stage :D Sounding better with them toed in.

what i can say is that, dynamics are certainly better than the little bandors, almost as good as the silver iris drivers, but with more bass impact. For my room, they are 'loud' enough really at the 9'o'clock position (with 8w :D ), no need to go up to elevenses at all

should be able to give a better impression after a few days :)

>>> no need to go up to elevenses at all

LOL!

I always liked to brace the back wall of my BIBs and other back horns. I find the back vibrates and adds a coloration to the sound. Otherwise they look splendid!

The Verovox drivers look very cool to me. How much are they? Also, looking at the frequency chart on the pdf I might consider adding a super tweeter on the rear to add some air. If you decide to do that, you can also brace the back as well.

Stuff to taste and enjoy!

Godzilla

yeah, i added the brace at the bottom, but it would be easy to add one at the back sometime.

The veravox's were 300Euro a pair, so quite expensive :$: :$: :)

At the moment, they dont seem to need a supertweeter, but then this is relatively near field, only about 6ft from speakers. Had thought about the option of a ribbon on top, but thats in the future

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.