MTX 202 power on shields

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a MTX Thunder 202 that has been sitting here for a while. It had a smd diode behind the RCA that was cracked in half. I finally remembered to order one and put it in today. It had worked as I recall but no audio in one channel, but everything on the sinks tests good. So I fire it up and I have good offset (had 80mv bridged then went down to <5mv in few seconds), rails 22v think it was (is 2x35rms@4ohm@12v rated). Just about to test it and I check RCA (that shields were loose and I soldered them on)...it has 15v on the shields. Has few mv or less on the case to ground or speaker common/center tap to ground. Also has 15v on negatives of high level input plug. I've not seen this before, only shorted transformers making the common hot. The RCA center also had some voltage but it would go down if you held the meter on it, the shields would not.

This op-amp appears to be defective.

If pin 2 > pin 3, pin 1 should be near the negative rail.

If pins 6 and 7 are shorted, they should match pin 5 within a few millivolts.

Was it a Zener diode that failed?

If replacing the op-amp doesn't solve the problem, send me a few decent photos of the inside of the amp so I can see what we're dealing with.

There is another op-amp near a larger IC that has similar readings. The diode is mouser# 512-ES2D. IIRC it has a fixed HP/LP filter is all. I double checked and those numbers are correct for the op-amp. I'll pull the board and see what diode is hooked to. Diode and that op-amp are less than inch from RCA input, diode closest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.