Improving open reel power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member here and appreciate having a forum to learn and, if possible, offer help to others. If I may ask a question?
I am working to improve the sound quality of a very good quality open reel tape recorder and would like to see if I can improve the power supply to the audio section. The deck uses a single, multi-tap AC transformer to provide power to the three motors and the various record, bias, playback circuitry. The audio output circuit uses 21VDC that is regulated by a fairly standard three-pin IC regulator. My concern is that the rest of the power supply might, since it is providing Voltage to operating motors, contaminate the audio power supply.
Is there an effective way to buffer the audio power supply from the main supply? Or, is it best to build a separate power supply just for the audio?
Thank you for any opinions anyone might have.
Tapepath

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.