parasound halo a52 voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello- this is my first post so please be patiant-

i am interested in buying a a52 5 channel 150wpc amp for use in my stereo and surround but as i cant find any second hand ones and new is out of the question im forced to buy in the us and (hopefuly) convert it from 110v to 220- ie uk votage.

i have emailed parasound and they say this is easy for a competant technician.....so was thinking of doing this myself!

what do you think might be involved? i beleave it has a single transformer inside that is designed to run at either voltage.

i have built 3 way speakers before and i am reasonable a soldering

you might need to realy spell it out for me on this...sorry!

much appreciated!
Lance. :)

This is what they wrote in the owner's guide.

110 V - 120 V or 220 V - 240 V Operation
The A 52 can operate on either 110 V - 120 V or 220 V - 240 V. The correct line (or “AC mains”)
voltage for your unit is marked on its carton. Changing the A 52’s operating voltage involves
rewiring internal connections for both its main power transformer and standby power transformer,
plus changing fuse values. Since there is a risk of electric shock, voltage changes
must be referred to a qualified technician.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.