PC XO on Mac?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a little confused. All of the writing I've seen about PC based crossovers are all in windows and linux, I have yet to see one for macs. Why? If you look at all of the things that are possible in systems like digidesigsns, it would seem like digital crossover settings and maybe even DRC would be fairly simple by comparison. In addition, I would think that core audio in the OS might have some advantages as well.

So, are there any Mac based Xo programs that I've missed? If not, why is there such a gap between audio recording capabilities and audio design software on macs?

Isaac

matejS said:
You can use Jack OS X + BruteFIR combination.

Cheers,
Matej

Gah, I barely consider that an actual program... Pure Vinyl has he right idea, but it's really limited. The crossover functionality looks like a total afterthought, a throw it... With just a little more work, it could be exactly what I would like. And I don't think I'm alone... It allows a two way crossover with various settings. It also looks like it's fairly easy to set up. I'm really hoping for something that allows at least three pairs of outputs, notch filters, and time correction. Oh yeah, and a gui :) It seems that there are a lot of programs that have bits and pieces of this, and there are a lot of programs that can do far more complicated stuff, but nothing that brings it all together... If the dcx2496 had digital outputs, it would be fine. I keep hearing that it's not up to "hi-end" standards sound-wise, that's why I'd want to use outboard DACs. As it is, I'm sure it will be really handy for speaker building, but I'd love similar functionality with some integration with the computer (and whatever program will be playing my music) and the ability to upgrade DACs as time goes on... SIGH.

Isaac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.