Help with switch selection and wiring...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a TRS jack (only 1!) that spits out (+ and -) signal. Its already tied to ground.

I need this to go into the switch, (both + and -) and have that + and - connected to 4 different pathways on the switch, each pathway needs to see + and - too.

Now the 4 pathways are routed to devices (input transformers) that in this application don't require grounding on the primary side.

So if I'm not mistaken. What I need is

at each position (4 positions total) a leg for both + and -.

In the center (common???) I need a leg for both + and-. I can run a tap from ground for the common (input) if need be, but its grounded at the jack.

So in a little more graphic detail

Common is the INPUT (+,-) @ position 1 sends (+,-) over pins 1 and 2 acting as the OUTPUT. Pin 3 is unused I'm guess if there is 3 pins per position??

So on and so forth for each position.

My question is am I headed in the right direction for the switch?

Can anyone help me out with the wiring.

Again 2 pole is the type and 4 positions are whats needed, each position is an active junction. So there's no off position in this application for the switch, each position is live.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peace
Illumination

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.