• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Music Hall MMF-5 turntable & Custom Pre-amp(Hagtech Bugle+PSU+volume+switch,etc)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everything you need to add a sweet analog source with your SqueezeBox or whatever.

I have an MMF-5 with a Grado Gold cartridge on it (if you send it in the needle is $70-90 replacement instead of the $145-200 for an entire cartridge or the stock unit's styli replacement cost that much and sounded maybe as good). It also has an anti-static plunge thing that wires to the ground. A brush is included ($25 or something new). The needle has really low hours on it, under 100, should be good for 1000.

Then I have a pre-amp I made. It is a Hagtech Bugle, with two 2604 opamps after the first recommended low noise unit. It has the Hagtech PSU upgrade with the nicest Panasonic resistors on Digikey and FM Panasonic capacitors. Then there is a Alps Blue Velvet for volume (only controls the phono volume), Elma 6 position (only 3 are used) switch. All signal wiring is jupiter cotton 99.999% stuff. It looks funny because I made sure none of it touches anything else. The power wire is all DH Labs stuff. It has a bunch of Exodus RCA jacks. It needs two knobs is all. The switch is a 5a one off of Partsconnexion as well. The rear connector is not IEC. It is some other thing that works well, and a power cord is included (it is styled so you can plug a cord into the end of the cord). It is just some decent 14ga wired cord. The ends are Hubble or Bryant I believe (or equivalent). The entire thing was done with WTB silver solder, it takes a little extra heat.

I can take more pictures. It sounds pretty damn good. There is no lack of anything with it. The only upside digital really has is the low noise, and slightly more defined imaging. I just can not afford too much Vinyl, it does not fit my lifestyle either. I have some Vinyl I might pitch in or sell real cheap too.

$130 for the preamp (it would cost you $200 to make it not including shipping, but this offer does)

$400 for the TT + shipping

jeremyps_004.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

(unused green wire was removed)

thepoe@hotmail.com, shipping from Missoula, MT 59801

Pre-amp sold!

$400 for the TT + shipping

MMF-5 Now includes with no extra cost to shipping (seperate package)

Led Zepplin - IV
Mantovani - Gems Forever
Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story
Albert Hammond - It Never Rains in Southern California
Asia - Asia
Joe Cocker - Greatest Hits
Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory
Al Hirt - Honey in The Horn
Eric Clapton - Money & Cigarettes
Eric Clapton - Just One Night
Run DMC - Crown Royal
The Doors - Strange Days
Frank Sinatra - Sinatra 65'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.