Music DVD Quality / Choices?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In reading most of the current threads in this sub-forum, I haven't seen anyone mention music in DVD format. Is it bad, say compared to CD? Personally I think it's much better, as I have yet to come across the horrible compression that many (most?) CDs exhibit these days. I realize there isn't a lot of music on DVD compared to CDs, but I would think it would make a good test source.

Also, what are your favourite "music" DVDs?

I really enjoy David Gilmore In Concert. I find it quite well recorded/engineered, and with a decent amount of dynamic range (particularly on High Hopes).

In my opinion there isn't a lot of music on DVD also because you need a "special" player for audio dvd. E.g., my Harman Kardon DVD player is not able to read dvd audio.

Also, in my opinion, the CD quality is enough (16bit, 44KHz, Stereo) for the human ear

Anyway, my favourite group is Red Hot Chili Peppers. Do you like them?

Actually, I'm not referring to DVD-A, I'm talking about music on regular DVD with accompanying video, like live concerts, music videos, etc.

Yes I like RHCP, although I don't actually have any. I should get some. I'm always looking to expand my music collection, but have trouble remembering what I want when I get in a music store. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.