• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Experimenters Tube Sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an Octal relay socket that I'd like to use for breadboarding ? beta testing tube circuits. Are there specifically made sockets for tubes like the octal relay socket, that come in 8 (6L6) and 9 (12AU7) pin that would allow for breadboarding?

Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

• socket.jpg
    socket.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,209
dsavitsk said:
I don't think I have any more around. If we gathered people for a group buy, I would guess that a single socket version would run about $4.00 each for 50, and maybe $0.50 less for 100. I'd be happy to do it, but I have my doubts about the interest.

I'd probably be interested in around 5 or 6 sockets. It would be nice if there was enough interest to do it!

Well, that's a dozen, and I'd take a few, so we are almost halfway to enough for an order. Actually, we can do less, but they would be more expensive by a couple of dollars.

Attached is what a 9 pin board might look like -- this keeps the traces shorter than in the original.

If there is sufficient interest, then I am happy to run a group buy along the lines of the CCS group buy, which means a portion of the money will be donated to DIY Audio, and a portion will be donated to a charity, which would probably be either the Humane Society or the ASPCA's hurricane Ike relief efforts.

Attachments

• 9pin.png
    9pin.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 637
tubelab.com said:
I would like some 7 pins too, but I doubt there is much interest for those.

I would, too. Here's what a 7 pin layout might look like.

It does look like there might be enough interest in one, or both, of these. If you are interested, send an email to sockets@ecp.cc. I'll start organizing things, contact DIY Audio mods, and post later with details, expected prices, protocols, etc.

Attachments

• 7pin.png
    7pin.png
    13 KB · Views: 535
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.