Mounting Hardware for Toroid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a large (1500VA) Hammond toroid transformer, and I lost the mounting plate and associated hardware that goes with it.

Any ideas as to makeshift or replacement hardware that can be found in a local hardware store? How hard is it (and how would I find the materials) to pot the center of the transformer instead of using the mounting plate?

Hi,

Big fender washer and 2 rubber insulators, along with the bolt and associated hardware for that. Easy to find. The big rubber washer can be found in plumbing stores if your local hardware store doesn't have it.

I'd use a 3/8" bolt for 1500VA.

Cheers!

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
All the same as I use nonmagnetic "pertinax"...that brown stuff which should be pressured paper/oil...also the mounting bolt should be non-magnetic, preferably brass, but stainless will do
I decouple the mounting bolt from the chassis and place soft rubber under the transformer and top lid, and the rubbers are placed radial so that air can slip through

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.