F3/ZenV9 Enclosures...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
I'm looking around for a good enclosures for the Zen v9. In my country there's a big factory of these case named hifi2000.

For the project i'm intended to use a 4U case with two big heatsinks at the side:
PHOTO

THE MODEL IS 04/400 (4Unity - 400mm depth)

The dimensions of the heatsinks are : 400x160x40mm (each).

The thermal resistance of the Heatsinks are reported into the attached pdf (english version down the document). For this model is attested to 0.23C/W

Do you think that they are enough to cool down this beast ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• calcolo potenze dissipanti.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 178
Well I've got a 5U/400 case at home, and it cools VERY well (get's warm, not hot), so the 4U one should be OK too.

Two things to note about the 400mm depth units, is that the heatsinks are actually two smaller heatsinks mounted on the same bracket (so you'll end up using 1 heatsink for 2 transistors on each side).
The other is that the base is not very strong, and will flex quite a bit if you add large transformers and capacitors.

A friend of mine uses the 3U version for his Aleph 5 and it seems to be handling the heat dissipation very well indeed. It is warm to the touch, but you can hold on to the heatsinks without it beeing uncomfortable.

I've just ordered a 2U and a 3U version to see which one will suit the F5 I'm planning to build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.