Nikko Alpha 440 and 450

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new here and need a little advice. I could not find any info here about what I want to do. I have several of these old Nikko Alpha 440 and 450 amps. They have a problem of burning up when you start them up cold. I have not torn into them yet. It has been 30years since I messed with electronics because I had to do other things to make a living. I bought these amps at yard sales and ads in the local paper. I love the sound of these amps. I have a lot of other brands, but I like these NiKKos` the best. I think I can repair them myself with a little guidance and a parts source. I am not afraid to buy the required equipment. Working on electronic stuff was my first love since I was about 7 years old. Should I just junk these amps and try to replace them with new amps. I have not heard anything new I like. I live in a rural part of southern Indiana and there is not a repair shop within 150 Mi. of me. Thanks Lazyjoe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.