McIntosh tweeter - what to do with it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found an old McIntosh tweeter off a 4-way floor speaker and it works great. I was wondering what to do with it. I tried looking up the model number, but I cant find it. I was thinking about making it into a center channel speaker to go with my Infinity Primus series 6 1/2" bookshelves. I hooked it up last night as a center and it is a little overbearing compared to the Infinity tweeters and doesn't match that well. Do you think if I add a few 5 1/4" speakers and make a center channel speaker out of it that it would work good with my setup, or any other ideas what I should do with it? I have the other tweeter's mate, but it doesn't work. It needs the terminals redone, and I figured that would ruin the integrity of the speaker and throw off the theile/small parameters and probably not sound as good or match the other one. Thanks for any input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.