Looking to play with speakers since Klipsch PC died. Any recomendations? Got Mini7s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to upgrade my soundsystem and learn in the field of speakers.

Dimensions.

What's the best I can do with something that is max 5"W, 8 5/8H, 11" D.

I can add width up to a couple inches if it helps anything, say 7".

This is my little room. One of the speakers will go under the shelf on the right side of the frrom where the white MyBook and Pens are now. Hince the strict ~8" Height limit.
My listening room is small 108 x 159 rectangle and I listen in a 108 x 108 square as the rest of the room is bookshelves and storage.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Options:
I've already bought some Minimus 7s to play with. Which is good because I can learn about crossovers and drivers as I try to upgrade them. What would happen if I upgraded the drivers? I wouldn't even know where to begin to know what works.

These are also on the list. The Klipisch are so damn expensive I won't be able to do 5.1 in these until I save up. I would just buy two. I can't help but wonder if the rules of cheap small driver apply to speakers like these? Maybe the rules don't apply to their bigger brothers?
http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rsx-3.aspx

Daytons - Heard good things about bang for buck from Dayton.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-670

Hope you guys don't mind me creating another post in speakers. My previous one was more general, I needed some direction.

I just went and generated some tones with my Klipisch Sats and measured them on my DB meter.

500 - 79db
475 - 72db
450 - 74db
425 - 72db
400 - 69db ??? Sounds loud.
375 - 72db
350 - 77db
325 - 81db
300 - 79db
225 - 84db
250 - 88db
225 - 89db
200 - 91db
175 - 86db
150 - 80db
125 - 80db
100 - 75db

Does this tell me anything? Is that good midbass/low responce for small speakers? I've always heard that they were crossed over at 12x hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.