dbx modification thread

hi all im starting this thread in the hope its as popular as the beringer thread and to give everyone who has any of the dbx driverack units a place t5o discuss everything about them including setup,modifications and others .ive personaly got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2way with eaton 12" hexacones for bass and manger transducers for the mid and highs .im using 2x goldpoint attentuaters for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules which have the superregs fitted .once setup id like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound .ive got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .im hoping all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions

Reactions: 1 user
I had some troubles reading too... an now i see how much i can bother my forum ...

... friends with my bad English... worse than Sir 5000, for sure, as he is a native english speaking guy.

I could read, was not easy but i took some time and i could do it...Janeman maybe had not time to spend and is asking to something more clear.

Now i see why you do not visit my threads Janeman... my English may bother you....me good..... me here!... i understand... this is a pitty.

Here is a sligtly better option to Janeman....not perfect, but who is perfect in this life to be waiting perfection from other guys?

I am not!

" Hi all

I am starting this thread, in the hope it becomes so popular
as the beringer thread, and to give everyone who has any
of the dbx driverack units a place to discuss everything about them, including; setup,modifications and others.

I have, personaly, got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2 way with eaton 12" hexacones; for bass, and manger transducers for the mid and highs.

I am using 2x goldpoint attenuators for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules, which have the superregs fitted once setup.

I would like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound. I have got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .

I hope all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions."

regards,

Carlos

The key to make it sound good is to adjust the crossovers, delays and parametric EQs properly so that good on-axis acoustical summing is obtained. This is a quite complex task.

On the other hand, you can skip the adjustment part and start swapping parts and rely on placebo effect.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: I had some troubles reading too... an now i see how much i can bother my forum ...

destroyer X said:

... friends with my bad English... worse than Sir 5000, for sure, as he is a native english speaking guy.

I could read, was not easy but i took some time and i could do it...Janeman maybe had not time to spend and is asking to something more clear.

Now i see why you do not visit my threads Janeman... my English may bother you....me good..... me here!... i understand... this is a pitty.

Here is a sligtly better option to Janeman....not perfect, but who is perfect in this life to be waiting perfection from other guys?

I am not!

" Hi all

I am starting this thread, in the hope it becomes so popular
as the beringer thread, and to give everyone who has any
of the dbx driverack units a place to discuss everything about them, including; setup,modifications and others.

I have, personaly, got a new driverack 260 that is going to biamp my new speakers which are 2 way with eaton 12" hexacones; for bass, and manger transducers for the mid and highs.

I am using 2x goldpoint attenuators for volume control in between the dbx and the hypex ucd400 hg modules, which have the superregs fitted once setup.

I would like to do some mods on the dbx to see how good it can sound. I have got some ideas which are to add an outboard powersupply ,some cap upgrades and maybe play around with the opamps and clock .

I hope all the other dbx users will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions."

regards,

Carlos

Hallo Carlos!

I do indeed read your posts, even if I don't comment. They are often interesting.

No, I just feel that if I am asked to spend some time and effort because someone asks for help, the minimum I might expect is that this person *also* tries his best to communicate. If he is even too lazy to use caps to improve readility of his post, why should I or anybody else bother? Is that too much to ask?

Jan Didden

He use to be kind and friendly Sir 5000

Just a misunderstanding.... a bad moment of communication.

Try to forget that, because this was an exception here... also not common to him to ask people to write a good english too (ahahaha...USA would be excluded..ahahahahah!).

We are more than 70 thousand.... and we have 3 to 5 bad folks, i ensure he is not included into this "bad folks" list.

I know Janeman for years long, and he always proceed alike a British Lord...so.... just a moment, this does not show the man he is...guaranteed!

Relax and go ahead.... you had not a good time, i hope this will not produce in your mouth the "bad taste" to be here.

There are hundreds of lovely folks down here... welcome...be happy with us.

I love all aussies,... just one exception, a German aussie brick we have...but i feel your people as lovely folks, the second country in my heart.

regards,

Carlos

....................................................................................................

Thank you Janeman.... because you use to read some of my posts.

Carlos

Life is beautifull man....but there are strange moments of surprise too

c'a marche!

Carlos

Attachments

• image 3785_671x600.jpg
    image 3785_671x600.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 257
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
slr 5000 said:
thankyou to the people who have offered constructive advice so far .(eva,destroyer x)
to jan i thought this was a forum about audio and diy
i did not realise it was a place for people like yourself to critisize others about there lack of understanding of the english language and proper grammer

You don't get it. It is NOT about understanding etc.

Its about common respect for those you interact with.

You have no lack of understanding. I'm pretty sure you know to find the caps key on your keyboard. I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know that we all write 'I'm' if we mean that, not '.im'

Jan Didden

slr 5000 said:
well excuse me, mr high and mighty .it must be hard being as good as you and having to put up with the rest of us mere mortals

Let suggest that you are way off-base here in responding in that tone to a fairly simple request.

Jan has already proven that he is a very helpful and a very competent guy. My own mods on a Behringer are certainly a result of his patience and helpfulness. I am not sure that your strategy of trying to alienate folks, will help you in your pursuit.

i'm sorry for my apparent lack of grammer skills.

I was under the impression that this was a place to learn ,and share experiances about diy and audio .

I did not realize it was a place to learn about grammer and proper use of the english language .

Does this mean that only people with proper grammer and spelling are welcome to post here .

I would like to nominate Jan didden as the official diyaudio english and grammer moderater ,as it seems he has nothing better in his life to worry about

Now can we please get back to the original subject of this post ,and please forgive me if my typing and grammer is not so good .I will do my best to make it more understandable

Try to post schematic and pictures to motivate folks, ask them what they

would be happy to do, if they had this equipment into their home.

Also turn more simple your question and needs... split your question in small parts;

- What to do with this amplifier?

- What to do with this speaker?

This way gonna be easier to find people contributing.

In my experience, will be hard to ressurrect the thread, as
offered us unpleasant moments... and still going this way... many posts trying to re-create a good ambience....but you have a chance to save it offering something in advance.

People loves to see amplifiers images, schematics, we are all fanatic... want to call them to come here?.... post images.

All threads i have started were i have pointed problems and some possible solutions, resulted dead very soon.... when people observe you have already a good idea related "what to do". then they loose interest.... they want to contribute, to give you ideas, solutions... if not this way, will have not fun to them.

To show why Jan did that or not did that, his reasons, if he is grammar teacher or not, well, to tell him he reasons he did that way will not make the thread evolute..will stay walking same place till the end..... the very unconfortable moment already happened, there's nothing we can do about, no one has time machine....now the decision is to feed the thread or let it die.

Carlos

hi carlos thankyou for your advice .

i think its a great idea to post some pic's of the inside of the dbx

i'll take some tonight and post them ,then i hope someone will be able to offer some advice on areas of improvement :)

i'm hoping this thread can move on from its shaky start and be a future resorce for others who would like to use the dbx

Reactions: 1 user
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Try to post schematic and pictures to motivate folks, ask them what they

destroyer X said:
[snip]To show why Jan did that or not did that, his reasons, if he is grammar teacher or not, well, to tell him he reasons he did that way will not make the thread evolute..will stay walking same place till the end..... the very unconfortable moment already happened, there's nothing we can do about, no one has time machine....now the decision is to feed the thread or let it die.
Carlos

Carlos,

The only thing I did was to ask the OP to use standard English capitalization and interpunction, instead of just making it easy for himself and put the extra burden on us (many of whom are non-English speakers/readers).
Isn't that reasonable? Why would that damage a thread?

Read post # 1.
Read post #2.

Jan Didden

Yes Didden..... i know what you have made...i have readed

A good moment to forget that and go ahead.

This is past...world is moving...let's see his pictures.

My daugther use Orkut and MSN, young folks are killing portuguese language...they are writing crazy things that turns me shocked too.... their world Jan!.... our moment was the seventies....now the world belongs to young folks.

They are changing English too.... U2 (you two) and other things.

Never mind and be happy... i have already forgoten.

Happened something here?

I think what happened is that we gonna see internal DBX pictures, and this is great!

regards, folks...be happy guys

Carlos