Any recommendation for outdoor weatherproof speaker connectors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a pair of outdoor subwoofers to go with my fairly generic RCA (Radio Shack) outdoor speakers (they don't actually sound too bad, although they don't have much bass; thus, the subs), but I haven't figured the best way to get the signal to the sub. The main speakers use binding posts with plastic nuts (the posts appear to be brass or gold plated), but I haven't found such posts available for purchase. The generic binding posts you can buy from Monoprice or Parts Express don't mention anything about being weatherproof.

I'm not tied to using binding posts, although that's generally the cheapest method, but jacks AND the plugs would need to be waterproof, since this is for a permanent installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Just wipe some silicon sealer over the binding posts, AFTER inserting cable of course, it will keep the weather out for a few years and can be replaced.
Alternatively solder the wire directly and use a silicon fuse boot as a connector, those are totally waterproof under normal conditions, just use two for each connection ( 1+/1 - )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.