This toriod suitable for gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just bought a 300va 2x22v from Airlink and had a quality retail experience.

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/toroidal-transformers.asp

I ordered it Monday morning and had it in my excited little hands at 9:30am Tuesday. It was a little more expensive at £33 plus delivery, but the service was spot on and it's one of the very few things still made in the UK.

It's powering my second LM3875 chipamp, my first attempt at P2P construction. It's fiddly but strangely satisfying, and there should be a photo once it's not in "lethal exposed mains test mode"

John

Thanx for the advice guys the rapid.co.uk website i cannot find toriod except some computer information and about networking. I have been on the other website before 47 pounds altogether but service is great if item comes next day.

The website i mentioned earlier on costs altogether around 36 pounds plus delivery but long waiting. I have a spare toriod but that is 2x43v anyone interested i sell cheap but you have to pick it up or i swap for 2x22v toriod and i give you extras such as 2 6800uf 80vdc cans and 100 volt line square tarnsformer.

joka22 said:
Thanx for the advice guys the rapid.co.uk website i cannot find toriod except some computer information and about networking. I have been on the other website before 47 pounds altogether but service is great if item comes next day.

The website i mentioned earlier on costs altogether around 36 pounds plus delivery but long waiting. I have a spare toriod but that is 2x43v anyone interested i sell cheap but you have to pick it up or i swap for 2x22v toriod and i give you extras such as 2 6800uf 80vdc cans and 100 volt line square tarnsformer.

Sorry I meant http://www.rapidonline.com/

john blackburn, how do you find your airlink transformer? Specifically, does it hum in operation? I need to replace one which does and want to make sure my replacement won't do!

I used the Clairtronic transformers (from Rapid) in my newest amp and one in my subwoofer too. I find them to be of decent quality. Voltage is as expected and they don't tend to hum very much, windings are quite tight. The best I have was from Farnell, listed as Avel Lindburg (discontinued surplus) but when it arrived it had the "toroid" brand printed on it. However, it is the quietest I have ever (not?) heard; 330VA and no hum at all!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.