Blue Voodoo Tube amp issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this isn't the right forum I was looking around and the "Tubes" section seemed more for building tube amps. I dunno if anyone can help me here but I came to this forum because its one of the only amp forums I know of.

My friend has a Crate Blue Voodoo 120 amp and its been working fine but recently the channel started switching itself. Like he will be playing through his pedal board using the clean channel and a distortion pedal and mid playing it will switch on the amps distortion channel out of no where. Obviously this causes it to sound like **** and it discourages him from playing. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this or experienced it yourself on another amp. I'm simply trying to get ideas of why it would change itself mid playing when theres nothing hooked into the foot pedal switch in the back. If no one can help here I would appreciate if anyone could point me to a better forum for this question.

Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.