where to find DVD laser replacements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchased a DENON DVD-5000 dvd player. The insides(transport) look to be the same as my Panasonic DVD-1000. The digital/audio board is much improved by Denon , with dual PCM1704 dacs per channel , along with nice power delivery. It plays cd's very well , but will not read dvd's. I don't plan on using it as a video play ; only for audio. But I have to believe that if the laser will not read all formats , it must be on it's way out altogether. This is a very nicely built play and would like to bring it back to full capacity.
My question is if anyone knows where(besides from panasonic @$150ea) I can purchase a replacement laser pick-up. The Panasonic part # is VED0378Z. The casting # is VMK0430 , which I can find on Chinese websites , but not for purchase in single units. A source in the US would be best , but I'll takeall suggestions.
Thanks
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.