marantz volume control pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all.Need help finding a replacement volume control pot for my marantz 2325 reciever.The only ones I can locate are the real cheep ones that you find in radio shack type stores. The pot is 50k ohms. marantz part #RM0503061. Thanks in advance, tom

Tom said:
"The only ones I can locate are the real cheep ones that you find in radio shack type stores. "

Actually Tom the Radioshaft pots are surprisingly good. I used them in my 2270 for 6 months until I got a Goldpoint and shoehorned it in.
Had no problem with the RS pot.

"The pot is 50k ohms. marantz part #RM0503061. "

Probably will not find an exact replacement unless someone has one in their stash. The ebay "Blue Alps" clones are also very good surprisingly, I tried these as well and had no problems with them.

I did not like the 23 step pots from ebay. Worked OK for a day and then started to make noise when switched. Cleaning and Deoxit had no effect.

Thanks in advance, tom

Your welcome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.