PCB manufacturers with heavy copper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thank you guys.
The first link (PCBcart) seems to be very interesting (they just have this initial fee for the first prototype!!!!!)
i will try to quote now from the other ones as well

The application would be for a 100W Class A amplifier with a total bias of 18A.

Nelson......you can try to tell me and then......you can also try to kill me.....but first......please....the info.......eheheh.....the killing ;) :cool:

Conrad Hoffman said:
Hi Stefano- Around here most board houses will plate the copper to any reasonable thickness. It's a special request and extra cost, and they may complain about going over 2 oz, but it should be possible. I don't know if any of the quick-turn proto houses will do this, so you just have to ask until you find somebody.

Hi Conrad- thanks for your advice. I just got back from the US last night.... hope everything is going great for you!!!!

ehehehe...you guys are very EVIL..........i am not ether scared of pain nor of suffering.......alright? ehehe.....so....please go ahead with links :D

I have the feeling that not only all the fancy things we might put on the board or not as for example...heavy copper.....gold.....diamonds :) will impact the sound, but I guess that an important factor might also be the quality of the copper.
Am i wrong? Is it something that we should strive for?

I have noticed from personal researches I have done in this regard so far, that price of simple clad copper varies depending upon copper quality/specifications requested and as i have seen so far, there are tons of them and in order to cover ALL this subject..I think it may take a couple of weeks of deep studies.

Stefanoo said:
ehehehe...you guys are very EVIL..........i am not ether scared of pain nor of suffering.......alright? ehehe.....so....please go ahead with links :D

Oh, so you're a masochist, eh? :D

Anyway, if Nelson doesn't want it known, then it's not for me to say.

However I will say that they're not the folks to go to for onesie-twosie work the way places like ExpressPCB and Advanced Circuits are. Their minimum lot is one full panel along with tooling and photoplotting charges.

I have the feeling that not only all the fancy things we might put on the board or not as for example...heavy copper.....gold.....diamonds :) will impact the sound, but I guess that an important factor might also be the quality of the copper.
Am i wrong? Is it something that we should strive for?

Well, there are those who will insist that EVERYTHING matters. But when it comes to issues of the "quality" of the copper, whatever effects it may have would likely be buried in the thermal noise of the copper itself and that's just something I can't bring myself to become neurotic enough about to lose any sleep over.

se

ahahah...Nelson sometimes is a very dangerous RANGER!!!

Anyways.....well..if they only do big lots of boards as i would have thought....obviously it's not the place for me......but i think that PCBCART is the best i have seen so far......

is there any other good place where to request small amounts of boards with good copper quality and thicker laminate at a convenient price?

Nelson is always a big gentlemen!
Thank you.
This business looks very professional to me but obviously i am sure they like to work with companies and deal with big orders...definitely NOT ME :D

my curiosity now is, if i can:

what do you, Nelson, search for your boards?
What are the things that matter the most to you?

Thickness of the board
Quality of the machines
Quality of the isolation(i have seen there are many type as FR5-FR2 Rogers..)
Quality of the copper

Have you ever had the chance to test the impact on the sound of different PCB's finishing?
If so, what are the impressions, if you want to share them with us of course, that you have gotten so far?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.