Pioneer sx 1250, Sansui 8080db, Marantz 2245

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've repaired dozens and dozens of 1250's. Problems generally arise either in the protection circuitry (old caps, weak relay driver transistor), or problems with the voltage regulator (old caps, dead zeners, failed error amp transistors for the regulated +/-65V). Or, just plain blown outputs.

The 8080db can be a nightmare if the preamp is losing the signal on the Dolby board...here's a thread at Audiokarma about what it takes to get it back: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103856

Sx-1250

I have been offered a Pioneer SX 1250, Sansui 8080db, Marantz 2245 all for repair. I'm not sure on the value of each amplifier so could someone help me out here?

My understanding is that the Marantz and sansui are fairly good but any good/bad about the pioneer?

Thanks

The Pioneer SX-1250 will turn those other receivers to dust any day. I love that unit so much..I own 3 of them. The 2 best parts of that unit are obviously the power amp, and the tuner. I use the power amp with a tube preamp that i built and it sounds glorious. I do wish someday that Pioneer would realize how great and superb these units really are... and make a special edition model or something. That would make all of you Pioneer collectors go hay-wire!

Cheers and long live the true SX monsters!

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.