Odd TentLabs/CD PRO behaviour

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I have put together a CD player following Nico Thevissen's Phillips CD PRO based ideas which have already been discussed on this forum.
Nico is a great bloke and very helpful though his website is rather eclectic.
I'm using the TentLabs X03 clock and feeding the SPDIF output through that to a RAKK DAC.
Nico explains that a voltage divider is needed to drop the 5V tent O/P to phillips 3.3V and I found his suggestion of 220R across the ex-crystal with 100R in series to the tent clock O/P works fine. In fact I put a 500R pot across the Tent O/P and connected the crystal side to the wiper and found that a whole range of levels worked fine.
I have a really weird problem. Sometimes the Tent SPDIF O/P is fine, others it 'stutters' as if there's a bad spot on the CD. If I switch over to the Phillips analogue O/P from the on board decoder when this happens it sounds fine. Sometimes switching off for a few minutes corrects this, other times it doesn't.
Also, even when working 'properly' there are random pops (not just the end of track pop).
I'm at a loss - can anyone suggest where to look or what to do?
The power supplies to the CD PRO and XO3 are clean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.