Tangent TM1 replacement drivers-- B200? B110?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I don't know speakers very well, but I understand that a recently acquired pair of Tangent TM1 have the KEF B200 SP1014 with the rabbit ears as their midrange. It appears that one of these midranges has a raspy noise when played with classical music at a low volume. I gently pushed the driver and it makes that noise, so I'm guessing that the voice coil is misaligned. I think I might be able to find someone to repair it-- no?

Ok, if there are other issues and I have to replace the driver, what are my options? Another pair of B200 SP1014s, of course... but what about this Monacor SPH-135/AD that I read about at Wilmslow Audio? It says that it replaces all B110s... but can I use it in place of my B200 SP1014?

Which brings me to another question, which I haven't been able to figure out by googling... what's the difference between B110s and B200s? Can I use a B110 in my TM1 speakers!?

Thanks,
Andre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.