Ethical dilemma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Depends on why your selling it to him. Is he pushing you for it because he believes in good SQ? Does he plan to utilize the capabilities of the unit in question? If yes on both I say you put your differences in musical taste aside. Because honestly a LOT of country music consists of strings, drums, and even some orchestra instruments. He has every right to enjoy fine replication of these instruments even if country music sucks in your eyes.

However if the answer is no to both and he just wants an amp, and thats the only amp you have laying around you would be a better friend to say 'hey man, if you just want some power and don't necessarily needs audiophile grade equipment to do it might I suggest we head down to the local insert_retailer_here and pick you out something that suits you together?' And make it a date.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

- Matt

'Friends' don't let friends listen to country music

Your friend needs help, Jonny.

If you help him put together a great sounding system, it's only going to make the allure of country music even stronger.

What he needs is a musicalyzer that will analyze the content. When country music is detected, it will add various bits of square, triangle and sawtooth waves into the song for negative reinforcement.

Before you know it, your friend will be off the dirt road and back on the rock n roll highway. And be strong, he may put up a fight in the beginning.

(My road's not really dirt, it's mostly clay)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.