• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

24 - Axon 6S1 (line array)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 24 Axon 6S1 drivers that were bought for a line array. They are available in a number of ways. I am willing sell them as a lot, complete with boxes and crossovers or split them up. The line array I built was a D'Appolito design using 12 6.5" mids per side and a Raven 2 tweeter. The boxes are 1.5" MDF all around, heavily braced with a 1.5" round over on the front. The boxes are 90"tall and consumed 7+ 4'X8' sheets of MDF. They are unfinished and very heavy. Did I mention that they are heavy. I am located in Bristol Vermont, so anyone wanting the boxes would have to come and get them as shipping would be ridiculous. Did I mention how heavy they are? The crossovers are all air core and Axon caps. The Raven tweeters are not for sale as they have been used in another design. Zalytron has a design using these woofers and 4 dome tweeters per side if one wanted to build a tried and true line array.

My reason for selling is simply having moved on. I kept these for 3 years now until I had a room big enough to deal with them, and then found that I liked the MTM design I am listening to better.

The AXON 6S1 is a very engaging 6.5” midbass
unit (4½ ), and it comes fully shielded. This makes it
an all purpose high value driver. Featuring a
remarkably well designed polycast frame, a nicely
coated paper cone, a vented pole piece, a well
vented large diameter spider, good excursion and
an impressive magnet, this little driver mounted in
a small sealed or vented enclosure produces a
sound that is both rock solid and live anywhere
from .5 to 1 CFT. Ideal for fine Home Theater applications
and for Line Array designs made affordable
thanks to its very attractive price.

Fs 55.76 Hz
Qes 0.56
Qms 3.02
Qts 0.47
Vas 13.76 L
Rcc 3.27
Nominal Power 50 W
Lvc 0.8 mH
Xmax 4.5 mm
Sd 113.10 sq. cm
Mms 10.63 g
SPL ref 88.1 dB/2.83V/m

Make me an offer.

Pics...

Attachments

• dscn04381.jpg
    dscn04381.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 175
I am suprised that I have had no interest in these at all. Just for some perspective, I just want to throw out what I paid for these. I paid $435 for the lot ($18 a piece). I am just looking to pair down and pass on a killer system. Much better than sitting in my basement and waiting for me to build lots of boxes. I also have plans for a complete home theater (TMM mains, MTM center channel, and MT surrounds.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.