Looking a schematic for Electrocompaniet ECI4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
slightly off topic

Roar Malmin said:
What kind of problems do you have, maybe I can help.

Regards
Roar

Roar - just a question :

what's current situation with Doxa line ( presuming that my memory isn't deceiving me that you are man responsible for it ;) ) ?

and what plans are for M.Innovation ...... ?

seems that site is pretty long under construction ; I hope that out of virtual world situation is different .

Thanks in advance .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Roar Malmin said:
You may contact me directly concerning these matters. It is not something I am prepared to divulge to an open forum. I trust you are aware of the fact that Rome were not built in a single day, nor emperor Diokletians summer house in Split. Saw it last autumn. Awesome. BTW. You Serb, Slovenian or from Hrvatska?

Regards
Roar

understand - tnx for replying ;)

I'm Serb - with roots in Hrvatska , living in Vojvodina ( Serbia) ;

I'll contact you ;

Crackle. Ok. The root of the problem is that there are sometimes DC present on the volume control. This arcs the tracks. The only solution is to replace the volume. You are more or less stuck with the original type, as its value is only 5K. I believe they were custom made for EC.
Where do you live? I do repair a fair number of EC amps each year, and I bought the last stock from the importer when EC went bust last time.

Measure the DC over P1 and P2, P3 and P4, respectively. It should be as close to 0VDC as humanly possible. Within a few mVs. The pot in question should be close. It is 200R. You could possibly exchange it for 100R, but then you would have to add 100R to the resistor connectet to the pots wiper. Normal value 1K3, new value 1K4, as not to upset the DC operating point, and input stage current.Ok?

Regards
Roar

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
hehe1337 said:
I opend the amp today. It smelles like burnd transformer. I try to measure the transformer and my Fluke showed 3 Ohm.

I'm not familiar with your amp but :

if you can - disconnect everything from PSU ( are there fuses after graetz and cap bank ?)

put new mains fuse

power it up ; if transformer is toasted ( not likely - 3 ohms is pretty usual for any decent xformer) , it will burn that fuse again

in that case - send amp to some capable technician ;

dunno - Roar is near you , maybe he can help you more ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.