• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Remote control for integrated tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have actually the exact same question, I'd like to add a motorised pot with a remote control for my Yaqin MC100-B. (schematic here if it can help: http://www.ict-net.net/100B2.jpg)

What would be the best choice?

Will this move impact the quality of sound ?

Most of them are running on 9-12V AC, what would be the best way to connect it?

Here is what I have seen on eBay:
MV04 Quadruple ALPS Motorized Remote Control+Input Potentiometer 9-12V AC | eBay

4 Ways Stereo Remote Volume Control Preamp Kit with ALPS Potentiometer Assembled | eBay

No! NOT another remote.

l would appreciate any suggestions on building or obtaining a remote control for a tube amp; yaqin MC 100B

Do yourself a BIG favor and don't build one. Today what you want is a web interface that can be accessed by a phone or computer. These are actually very easy to make as all you need to do is add a small micro-controller to the amplifier and you don't have to build the hand held remote. Web interface don't require any specialized software on the phone or computer other than the normal web browser.

Once the amp has a web interface you can reach it from any computer of phone or tablet on the house or if you want to allow it from any place in the world.

From a technical stand point the easiest way to go is likely to buy an Arduino development kit. Then have the Arduino control a set of serial pots and switches. The serial pots and switches can go in the signal patch if you like or that can control motorized pots and relays.

Remote volume control

Web interface is over-kill!!
Use a TI PGA2311 or PGA2320.
Mechanical pots are expensive, will wear out in time & eventually make noise!!
There is lots of information available to make what you want, depends on if you want to make your own brew, buy a kit or ready made, state your choice?

Regards
Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.