Where to go....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been enjoying my little Bandor 50mm drivers recently over my Silver Iris 10's, mainly due to the fact that to my ears, they sound more involving, they keep me listening longer to music.

i love their imaging, up front vocals and general resolution at normal volumes (i found that the Silver Iris's had to be played louder to get on song).

But for their size they have limited loudness, now i could just add a sub with a integrated high pass filter, which would be the simplest solution.

not sure where to go...

either go for a sub...

try a passive woofer solution...

try other slightly larger full rangers (Fostex FX120, CSS FR125SR, Jordan 92 etc)

Music taste is everything from acoustic, folk, indie, soft rock to dance. I have a SS 50w integrated so lower sensitivity is not a problem and i occasionally like to listen louder, but i have found that i can get say 90% of the volume out of the Bandors running full range, this is in an 11ft square room.

Any advice welcome :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16900818@N06/2292695562/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.