Questions on BB1794 and AD1865 input to Rudolf Broertjes' and Pass D1 output stages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! :)

I have built a Rudolf Broertjes' and Pass D1 output stage to which I would like to connect a BB1794 based DAC (the COD) and a NOS AD1865.

The Broertjes' is up running but will not give more than some distorsion, while I haven't hooked up the D1 (I'm waiting for a transformer).

First question is, can I take the signal straight from the DAC PCB and connect it to the output stages (one at a time of course), or should I use DC blocking caps in between?

Another question I have is that I got the Rudolf Broertjes' stage from DIY Paradise where it is used with TDA1545, and instructions are that the output DC voltage should be about half of the voltage supplied. Is this the same for BB1794 and AD1865?

A third question I have is that I exchanged the 3.3kohm I/V resistor supplied with the Rudolf Broertjes' output stage (which I assumed was for the 1545) for the resistors supplied with the COD (for passive I/V). In the first instance I couldn't get below about 10 VDC on output, while now I am about 3 VDC ... Was this a wrong thing to do?

Sorry for these newbie questions, but that is what I am ... :)

Best!
Johan :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.