The fleabay-scam thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
fleabay-warning:

"antiqueranch" owes me a Hickok 752. (or more than $ 500).

"tubecrazyforaudio" owes me 2 testers! A Hickok 600A and a Jackson 648S...+ a few tubes... (~ $ 600).

No answer fom these guys...

"lotsoftubes" owes me a few tubes...

Latest:

"moonshine-2112" (tubes)

there are others too...

Soon time to take that "travel thru the U.S. with a baseball-bat holiday"

Arne K :mad:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Boris_The_Blade said:
You really think all those people scammed you? It seems more likely to me that there is a problem with the postal services.

The warning is probably too late, as several of these users already have left ebay...and do not respond to ebay messages or direct email...

The irritating ting, me beeing patient, believing the sellers the first 2-3 months, then it is suddenly too late to complain...
(has to be done within 60 days)

Arne K

Who is the latest scammer ?

Name names..

======

It is not only traders who try to scam. Some buyers also try.
I sent 2 fully working pairs of B&O speakers to Turkey (with tracking). The guy said both pairs were not working and he wanted a refund. He started the Ebay/Paypal dispute process which froze funds in my account. I offered, through the dispute channels, a full refund IF he returned the speakers. He refused saying he was so disgusted he had "thrown them away".
Needless to say, he did not get a refund but did leave negative feedback and I had funds frozen for several weeks.

Andy

Joined 2002
Paid Member
-and I now have to add audiotek168 on fleabay as a no-good seller, I have been waiting (too long) for lots of parts, and when asked a couple of times after a month and more, I was assured it was sent.
Now, two+ months later, I can not get any answer.
(and ofcourse no help from ebay).

Arne K

Attachments

• 8d6b_11.jpg
    8d6b_11.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 883
Joined 2002
Paid Member
dietcoke said:
Why dont you file a complaint with paypal after 20 days. If he cant prove that he mailed something to you then you usually win. I think the cutoff point where they dont provide help is 30 days after the sale.

30 days is way too short for snail-post by camel / donkey, using the "silk-road" from china/HK...

Arne K

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Cobra2 said:
-and I now have to add audiotek168 on fleabay as a no-good seller, I have been waiting (too long) for lots of parts, and when asked a couple of times after a month and more, I was assured it was sent.
Now, two+ months later, I can not get any answer.
(and ofcourse no help from ebay).

Arne K

I actually got my shipment from Audiotek today. Of course the purchases were made more than 60 days ago so can't even leave feedback anymore. 10/13 purchase, 10/27 shows on the shipping date. Surface mail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.