• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Old PS questions (EL34 replacement), and any Aus people know BWD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, I have a few questions.

I've just picked up a BWD 210 power supply, made in Melbourne, Australia, sometime in the 60's or 70's.

It's in very good nick, does 0-500V on two independent outputs (up to 300mA), a negative bias supply, 2x 6.3V (5A) supplies and some other useful things including a 620VDC non-variable output.

I've just opened it up and found 4 Telefunken EL34 (and an extra miniwatt). I'm not fussed about audiofool brands, but I'm not too keen on burning valves worth that much in a power supply. So does anyone know of any current production EL34's that are durable and long lasting at high voltage? I don't care about microphonics or any other audio only qualities.

The other question: Do any Australians here know of someone who may have manuals for old BWD gear? I'd love a manual for this thing but the internet has nothing...

Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.