CH250 Airport Carry On

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hoping to bring back pair of Ciare CH250 (in their cardboard boxes) from Italy as my carry-on in the plane (US Airways).

Have travelled before, but not bringing anything like this (in a box) back.

Will be there for 10 days, so I dont think the value is a problem.
How much should I expect to pay for these in Rome?
Where can I get them in USA and Canada?

Thank you.

BTW - CH250 will be for car rears or OB. Are standard car decks good for these drivers or any recommendation is appreciated.

Apologies, if posted already... but did not see it, so posting again.

Provided they are within the normal hand-baggage limits, they should be OK.

Check with the airline as some now allow 2 carry-on bags IF the airport also permits it (something to do with the capacity throught security)

Be aware that after scanning, they probably will want you to open them for examination. (If they say "magnets are not permitted" quote radios, cd players , headphones etc....)

I often bring various electronic assemblies on airlines and never have any problems.

Andy

Re: Magnets?

aud1out said:
Thanks for reply.

Are you mentioning restriction on magnets as an example or have you come across this restriction yourself.

In any case, will call airline/airport/customs for clarification.

If you read the very small print concerning what you can or cannot carry on as hand baggage, I think it does mention magnetic material. However, the stray field is small compared to a bar magnet and as I said other stuff is permitted. There is a slight chance you could get hassled.

More likely, how much do they weigh ?

A couple of months ago, I carried in my bag, 2 large tubular modules full of electronics. No comment from anyone.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.